Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some May Call It Corny...

I call it classic. It is lines like these, as dramatic as they are, that make Where the Red Fern Grows such an emotional read for me:

"Men," said Mr. Kyle, "people have been trying to understand dogs ever since the beginning of time. One never knows what they'll do. You can read every day where a dog saved the life of a drowning child, or lay down his life for his master. Some people call this loyalty. I don't.  I may be wrong, but I call it love--the deepest kind of love." -p. 184 Where the Red Fern Grows

If you don't get a little knot in your throat from reading that, you probably don't know Old Dan and Little Anne. Or maybe you're just more of a cat person.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm glad I have a fellow classmate who gets a little know in their throat while reading the personal novel! ;)

    ReplyDelete